Parish Nurse Program
The Parish Nurse Program at Zion-Lippe was developed in hopes to keep our church members healthy, active, and aware of their own healthcare needs. With the help of a grant from Welborn Baptist Foundation, a Parish Nurse program was formed with interested volunteers from our congregation.
The goals set for this program are rooted in keeping our congregation members healthy:
- We will educate others regarding reprieve of their own wellness.
- We will offer education on health and wellness topics in a faith-based curriculum.
- We will educate (present) prevention attitudes to motivate the congregation to integrate the wellness of body, mind, and soul so true health and wholeness may be achieved.
Some of the ways these goals have been achieved has been through:
- Monthly blood pressure checks
- Education articles shared in our monthly newsletter
- Educational presentations offered throughout the year addressing concerns and interests for our congregation and community.